Everyone welcome! The discussion will be directed at parents, but is also beneficial for anyone with kids in their lives.
Free event with programming for kids up to Grade 8. Refreshments will follow Brett’s talk.
This event is hosted in partnership with Calvary Baptist Church and Church of the City.
What is this talk about?
NAVIGATING EVERYTHING - PARENTS
We all want the best for our kids but which parenting information do we choose? With over 75,000 parenting books produced in the past 21 years and the many voices, articles and online resources available, the task of figuring out where to turn for parenting advice is overwhelming. Some foundational parenting questions all parents must consider:
• What are Parenting Styles and which ones should I be using in my parenting?
• How can I gain better communication skills and use them with my children?
• What does spending time with my kids look like?
• How do I effectively discipline my children?
Various aspects of home life also need addressing, with each section being a sizeable discussion on their own. In this talk Brett will look at where parents can begin these discussions, (on-ramps) and give them practical tools so they can effectively talk with their kids about all of the following areas:
• Family Discipleship (how to raise our kids in our Christian faith)
• Health (mental, emotional, physical)
• Sexuality (pornography, dating, marriage)
• Media (TV, movies, music, social media)
• Drug / Alcohol use & abuse